There are many things you can do daily to change up routine or create a new one. These are my 5 Daily Non-Negotiables and if you can follow just these simple steps, I guarantee you will have a better day and an even better oulook on life.
These are just a few of the things I have taken on myself as routine each day and they give me such a brighter, healthier, happier day.
1. Wake With Water
Upon waking drink 8-16oz of water right away. What this will do for your body is:
- fires up your metabolism – drinking a large, cool glass of water has been shown to boost your metabolism for up to 90 min
- hydrates you – when you sleep for 7-8 hours at night without any water you wake up dehydrated. Even if you don’t feel thirsty
- flushes out toxins – getting fluids into your body right away will help flush out toxins
- helps brain function – when you aren’t properly hydrated your brain operates on less fluid making you feel drained and exhausted
- gets the body movin’ – water helps the functionality of our intestines, basically it helps ya go to the bathroom!
2. Break For Breakfast
- lowers the risk of heart disease
- gives you natural energy
- helps your memory and performance
- keeps you away from those cravings for high carbs
- lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes
3. Motivate Your Mind
- devotional – if you are like me and need to stimulate your soul you will head to the bible or a daily devotional to get your day started off right and positive
- personal development – this can be a combination of things, but maybe you are more into motivational speakers, books or videos
- having a time in your day where you fill your mind with something positive or uplifting will give you a sense of direction for the day. It will also keep your thoughts more positive and keep you off the destructive self talk path
- you will be more resilient when it comes to negative comments and talk from others.
4. When In Doubt Workout
- no matter how you feel; lazy, tired, under the weather, sad, make sure you have some form of workout
- take a walk around the yard, squat while watching T.V., lunge down the hallways, do sit-ups before bed
- exercise promotes a healthy heart
- can help prevent sickness
- releases endorphins creating a happier mind and body
- helps relieve stress
5. Rest Easy
- our bodies need rest, my husband and I love to stay up late and chat, watch T.V., & hangout, but lately we have been getting to be at a decent time and I can’t believe how much better we feel
- gives you energy and improves athletic performance
- can improve concentration and helps with brain function
- helps with depression – mental health issues are strongly linked to poor sleep quality
- improves immune function
If you are looking for small steps to take to improve yourself and your day, I highly recommend starting here. Even if you can start with one or two of these a week and work your way up, you will start feeling better and more fulfilled on a daily basis!