You guys….these were so delicious! So in my Name That Ingredient game I had originally chosen Amaranth, but for some reason my town does not carry that sooooo I went ahead and chose another ingredient you suggested and I chose the Chipotle Peppers!! I will get back to Amaranth once I can find some.
I decided to go with a savory biscuit, and holy cow was this a right choice!! Thanks to my friend Becky Cook for suggesting this, we enjoyed them for dinner last night and they were so easy to make! Also tomorrow I will be doing another Name That Ingredient game, but I am changing it to SUGGESTION SUNDAY!! So please get involved…..
- 1⅓c King Arthur Self-Rising Flour
- ⅔c Yellow Corn Meal
- ¼c cold butter
- 2TBS Sugar
- 2TBS (heaping) canned diced jalapeños
- 4 whole chipotle peppers(from a can) chopped
- ⅔ c cold buttermilk
- Pre-heat oven to 400. Line or grease cookie sheet (I didn't need to so it depends on your pan you use) Combine flour, sugar and corn meal. Cut butter into smaller slices and break up into flour with hands until al the butter has broken into pea sized pieces. Stir in jalapeños and chipotle peppers.
- Stir in buttermilk a little at a time until dough is nice and soft and not too sticky. You can always add more buttermilk or use less, just depends on how well everything is coming together.
- Break dough up into biscuit sized pieces, mine made 9.
- Bake for 12-15min. My oven is really hot so it may take a little longer in yours, just start with 12min and keep an eye on them!
- I hope you enjoy these, they are spicy and soft and so yummy!