I have been told for some time now about Apple Cider Vinegar. Family and friends have always told me to take it especially when I am sick. I just never wanted to believe them. I’m such a baby when it comes to eating or drinking something that doesn’t taste good. At the same time I hate going to the doctor and taking all the meds they give me as well. So, being out here in Tennessee I have been told that colds run ramped out here along with the seasonal allergies. Well we are definitely experiencing ALL of these things, our house has been a snotty mess for about 2 months now. That’s a long time to be battling colds!
So FINALLY I went and bought the dang Apple Cider Vinegar. I decided to go with Bragg with “The Mother”
Certified Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized, and 5% acidity. Contains the amazing “Mother” of vinegar which occurs naturally as strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules.
Doesn’t that just sound delicious? Haha, well I have found that mixing a tablespoon of it with a small glass of orange juice actually tastes really good! Even my 6 year old son can’t tell that I have put it in his drink! Yes, I’m sneaky…
Here are 5 major benefits for your overall health that I find to be so beneficial to all of us.
1. That blob that you see is known as “the mother,” in Bragg. It’s full of probiotics and other beneficial bacteria. This kind of vinegar can support immune function and, for some people, even help with constipation and digestion. This fact alone is a huge reason why I take it. I ALWAYS have a stomach ache and just the other day I decided to get up and make my usual 1 TBS with a small glass of OJ and within minutes after drinking it my stomach didn’t hurt anymore, nor did it hurt the rest of the night.
2. Second way its helped me personally is with this cold and allergies. The vinegar helps to break up mucous which is huge for us right now. I can literally feel it eating away inside my throat, it also has helped a bit clear up my sinuses.
3. Something I haven’t tried yet is gargling it for sore throats. My sister-in-law does this and says it helps, I have also read that this helps as well. I know that when I drink it, it helps when I have a dry throat so I can only imagine the benefits of gargling it! Just dilute a TBS in some water and gargle away!
4. Here is something fun to do, for an all-natural astringent, apply a washcloth soaked in diluted apple cider vinegar to your face. Afterward, the protective acidic layer will make your skin feel smoother, absorb excess oil and reduce fine lines. This works by restoring the proper pH levels to your skin, and beta-carotene helps to counter future skin damage. Plus, a dab of diluted apple cider vinegar left overnight on age spots, pimples or acne scars will help reduce their appearance. Isn’t this amazing!! Who knew that this bottle of vinegar could do these things. I should have listened to people earlier haha.
5. Want to help those nasty sunburns this summer? Then try adding a cupful or two to your bath to neutralize the burn. After soaking for 10 minutes, the apple cider vinegar will have helped restore your skin’s pH levels and your skin will feel cool and soothed.
You guys, this isn’t some sponsored post I am getting paid for, these are just facts. I am not saying this will heal you or cure your illnesses, but to me, something natural that MIGHT do these things is a chance I am willing to take. Plus it tastes really good in a glass of OJ.
I also know you can take it kind of like a tea and mix some lemon juice and honey with 1-2 TBS and warm it up for a few seconds as well.
Here are some more facts on the Bragg website that I didn’t already discuss:
~Rich in enzymes and potassium.
~Helps remove body sludge toxins.
~Helps control weight.
~Helps promote healthy, youthful bodies.
~Relieves muscle pain from exercise.
~Supports a healthy immune system.
Alright guys, aren’t you super excited now about drinking vinegar? You should be!